"It's fun to be a woman. Its fun to flirt and wear makeup and have boobs." Eva Mendes


Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 February 2010

Product rave: Maybelline Dream Creamy Foundation

I am always highly scepical when trying a new foundation. I have been seriously stuck in my ways for ages and purchasing new foundations has never appealed to me much as I worried that they would dry my skin out.
I decided to try Revlon's colourstay quite a while ago to see what the fuss was about and, as it didnt make my face fall off :p I have since purchased more drugstore foundations.
My most recent is the maybeline dream creamy foundation.

This product is readily available in Boots and Superdrug and is being well advertised by Maybelline. So after swatching it and seeing that it appeared (as the name states) creamy, I thought that it may well work for me; and so far it really has.
It comes wth a sponge applicator but I prefer to use a foundation brush. I am really pale but the shade I selected suits me perfectly (004 for reference). I have worn this to work everyday for a week and Im pleasantly surprised by its performance

PROS:
- Glides onto my skin
- Makes my skin look fresh/glow
- Does not feel cakey
- Powder blush has adhered well (this is normally a problem for me as powder products can dry me out)
- Doesnt dry my skin out, even in central heating or very cold weather
- Reasonably priced/ readily available

CONS:
- Im not sure how it would suit oily skin
- Requires a touch up around the late afternoon mark (but all foundations I have tried do!)
- Can too too shiny when applied over thick moistriser, therefore may need a powder to set
- Not a great shade selection

My conclusion is that I really do love this foundation, although it has only been a week. If you have dry skin I would reccommend that you consider giving this a try as I was surprised and deligted by the results.
Has anyone else tried this product?

1 comment:

  1. Thank You so much for the review! I must try it- I have really dry skin lately.

    ReplyDelete